Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Re-Purposing Shutters

A few weeks ago, I decided to take a trip to the thrift store.  I found very old shutters for $3.95 and couldnt resist them.  Only problem.. I had no idea what I was going to do with them.  This weekend I found a cute light teal paint in my paint closet and decided to just paint it and see what comes to mind.  Quickly after I started, I decided to turn them into memo boards.  I am always getting cards or pictures but never know what to do with them. 

Here the "before" shot

First coat.  I was bad and decided not to sand it.  Worked great though!
First coat done!

Second coat done!

First one complete

Both are now done!

I decided to glue some clothes pins on to hold onto papers and things like that!

All done and hung!

No comments:

Post a Comment