Monday, February 27, 2012

Playroom wanna-be

We decided to turn our little blank corner into a semi play area.
Before.  It had nothing.  We used to have our dining room table here but finally moved it into the dining room.

We bought the cheap $25 wooden table and chairs from ikea 2 years ago but the white surface became very dirty... My solution? To paint chalk board paint on the top and a fun turquoise on the rest.  We also had the chalk board from before we were married about 8 years ago.  I couldn't handle the ugly-ness of it and decided it needed to become turquoise also! The mail boxes are from the dollar spot at target, and will eventually hold markers and crayons.

The seats were getting scratched, so I decided to recover them with this super cute red polka dot material.  I put the table on an oil cloth remnant that I found a few weeks ago.

and then we added a train table

No comments:

Post a Comment